Saturday, August 29, 2015

Five Random (vol.1)

Since I am such a sporadic blogger, and my posts lately seem to focus on not a single subject (with the exception of 'house project' posts), I have decided to posts random of anything. Anything which deserves to be posted for record. Five photos or thoughts, posted previously or not, will be featured and justified.  

For my first ever 'Five Random' series, my daughter takes the lead. Of course.

AMBER'S FIRST SCHOOL UNIFORM
When I first saw her in uniform, I couldn't be more proud. I know, she's cute! She's been attending a 2 hour nursery-play morning class. While in the afternoons, she takes power naps which are prerequisite for kids her age.

BUWAN NG WIKA
'Language Month' in English. As fate would have it for school kids in the Philippines, she had her first ever Buwan ng Wika celebration earlier today. I was not there to witness but the other half was as excited so he skipped work in the morning to witness this milestone!

MOET & CHANDON
Though not a huge fan of alcohol, this by far is something I enjoyed drinking especially when paired with cheese or tortilla chips. Costly if consumed daily but mine has been kept chilled for a while now. I stopped when I suffered cough for two weeks since coming back from Cebu. I might take a sip this weekend while watching movies. Inset photo was while watching 'Gone Girl'. That movie was crazy and one of the best I've seen in my movie-rentals this year.

As for red wines, I am still on the search for the right taste.

CURRENTLY READING: The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
The book is a must read for those wanting to manage their finances properly and grow them exponentially. Not that I had difficulty managing mine, modesty aside, I am frugal so saving is an inherent character. It started with a coin box. In kindergarten, I graduated with honors so my mother gifted me something. The gift was a coin box. I could still remember its design: Snow White. Every time my parents gave me spare coins, I put most of it inside my coin box. My coin boxes have evolved (can't even remember how I lost Snow White) and so the amount of savings have increased, too. Up to now, I still save and a proud frugal. I do treat myself  with little luxuries once in a while but always, saving comes first. I am by far not 'Rich' by definition but having a job, a little business and funds on the side prepares me and my family for uncertainties. I am actually thinking of gifting my daughter a coin box someday as a start-up lesson for her in saving.

PLASTIC SHOES
Whenever raining, which has become a daily occurrence lately, I wear my ever reliable water-proof pumps by Free Fish (a Japanese shoe brand). This pair is from Urban Research x Free Fish collection which I bought last Summer 2014. 

No comments: