Monday, May 18, 2015

My Fourth Home Address

It's that time of the year when my blog turns a year older. Yes, it's been eight years. Eight years! Who knew I'd be able to maintain it all these years. I was not even married yet when I started! 
As per rule of mine, every anniversary of this blog deserves a special post. I have chosen a place. A place where I have been living for more than two years now.
THE APARTMENT. 
This apartment was provided and fully furnished by the agent. It is a typical low cost apartment measuring around 50 square meters good enough for a family of three. Since middle of February this year, I have been living all alone so that leaves quite a large space for one.

Without further ado, let the tour begin!

The first thing that greets me and any guest is Amber's mini kitchen which we bought in Ikea (as well as the wall clock). Though nobody plays with it anymore, I did not set it aside to store. We would have wanted to ship it to Cebu but proved impractical (dimension and reassembly to its form is complicated) so it has been serving as a design fixture at home.

The living and dining area. I love that the dining set provided (for free) is made of wood. Wood look more polished than those steel ones. As you can see, most of Amber's things are still here, her high chair, rocking chair and toys which we neatly kept in a plastic container are under the coffee table.

What I love about this apartment are the sliding doors that lead to the balcony. In weekend mornings, I open all curtains to let natural light in while I busy myself with household chores or catch up with my favorite sites.
The photo frames that made up the wall in the living room were bought in Ikea. I was thinking of filling it with more photos but I see no point now. With my busy work, I barely find time to spend at home. On weekends I do household chores because it's a good form of exercise and a good habit to keep. Though I try to spend indoors on weekends, I oftentimes find myself itching to go out just to see something or be somewhere than home.

The kitchen. It is small and functional.

Another photo of the kitchen taken from the bedroom. It is the most abused area especially when the whole family was here. I love that it has enough compartments to store the essentials. I rarely cook and the three bottom drawers can no longer be fully shut because it contain an accumulation of plastic from grocery and special plastic for trash. The latter is sold by the local government for that use alone. It is probably one way of keeping tab which prefecture contributes to most garbage (Chiba is a prefecture, not part of Tokyo. Tokyo is another prefecture). Note to self: Bring an eco bag when shopping for grocery.

Another closer look because this whole area is filled with things and memories. Amber's photos and artwork are plastered on the refrigerator doors.

The bedroom. Walls void of decoration except for the wall clock (only 99Yen at Ikea!) and glow-in-the-dark stickers just above the window. Forgive the curtains for they don't match the bed sheets. Both are free-issue necessities. I've been to replace the curtains to a grey boring color to go along with boring walls..

Opposite the wall with window is an alcove that serves as my storage and closet. I love closets with sliding doors as they don't take a lot of space when opened. 

This storage is located in another room. The apartment has two rooms. The second room serves as our dressing room and closet area. This is my shoe closet which I share with Amber. Shoes or sandals are my weakness. The sneakers are now kept in boxes and I have decided to bring out the sandals because the weather is getting warmer.
My shoes are not that many but I have decided to stop from buying a pair until Autumn.

The house tour ends here.

No comments: