Sunday, January 25, 2015

travel: Mövenpick Hotel & Resort Cebu

After welcoming 2015, the three of us headed for the beach. I have always been curious about the hype of Mövenpick so we decided to stay there.

White walls, high-ceiling and modern European-inspired furniture greeted us.
It was our first time in Mövenpick. Prior to becoming 'Mövenpick', these buildings were Hilton Cebu. It was not as popular compared to other resorts in Mactan but when the Swiss took control and bought the property with half a billion pesos worth of renovation, Mövenpick Hotel & Resort was born.


Amber pressed her face into a chair. It's the only way to caption this photo.


The Ibiza Beach club, the only fun place for party-goers, holds various night activities. On our first night, it was a Latin dance show, the night after was an in-house DJ playing music.
I am not saying there's not much activities. They have programs and activities for kids and adults in the morning which we also missed. 


Amber, my now hyper active toddler, runs whenever a chance presents itself but most of the time, still prefers to be carried.


Our first day at the beach. I was surprised by her excitement and willingness to dip her feet into the sea for I was expecting otherwise. Upon seeing her love for the water, we hurriedly went back to our room to change for swim wear.

THE SUITE

We booked the cheapest suite available. Cheap may be but behold thy suite! This is the lounge area  (can't say living room. It sounds off). The bedroom is separate making it a 1 bedroom suite. The suite has two TV sets. The smaller one is in the bedroom. 


Neutral colored couch with Missoni-like stripes throw pillows. I had doubts on the authenticity of the various arts mounted on the walls.


With just a few additional square meters, the bar area could become a kitchen. There's a small fridge inside the cabinet.


I fell in love with the bathroom. Spacious. It makes up for 1/3 of the bedroom. And the color is to die for. Royal blue, dim lights and modern fixtures are all it takes to make a windowless bathroom look expensive and creepy.


Again, the paintings. If these were authentic, I mean all rooms having these original artworks, the artist is lucky to have this commission. 


Back in the bathroom. There's a clothesline for our clothes to hang dry, and a rubber clown fish that Amber calls Nemo and wanted to keep. I went as far as asking the staff if it is for sale. On our last day, Amber kept Nemo in her backpack. We talked her about leaving Nemo here to no avail. Of course, being adults, we tricked her while on our way out. While I was fixing her hair in a topknot, I took it from her backpack. I was hoping she'll forget Nemo and fortunately, she did.


To me, Chopard is an accessory brand. I never thought of them as supplier of bath products. The lotion smells nice though.


The bathroom has no walls separating toilet and bath making the double doors unnecessary but designwise, helps with ventilation. The right is next to the shower, while the left is next to the tub.


Mine and her gold saltwater sandals. We tested its durability and it passed.

One thing that got me curious of Mövenpick is the glow-in-the-dark chairs. It looks awesome and avant garde. Sorry if I sound ignorant but I have not seen such before, not even in Japan (or maybe I should go farther from Chiba, lol!)


My little miss and her topknot.


The beach is typical Mactan beach. White sands were obviously imported somewhere. There's only one pool and restaurants of choice are two. Overall, it was a nice experience. The best thing was the room. Food was OK. We tried the Mövenpick ice cream (who knew they make some) and was no better than Haagen-Dazs.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get back to deviantart!!